Welcome to Algebra 1! This page has several resources to help you when you are not in class. Below I have included a link to my Syllabus. This contains more detailed information pertaining to classroom procedures, rules, and homework information. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me and I will get back to you as soon as possible!
For the first day of school assignment, give Ms. Zander this phrase, "The greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph".
The course syllabus link is on the right side of the page.
- I assign homework every day of the week--sometimes even Fridays!
- Homework is graded the next day! Students self-correct their assignments and are worth 10 points per assignment.
- I provide tutoring before or after school if you are not understanding the material.
Important Homework Links:
- Remind 101 : Sign-up information for text reminders on homework, quizzes, and tests. Text 81010 with the message "@msz3per" for 3rd period and "@msz6per" for 6th period.
- Online link to the book. Use the username and password Ms. Zander gave to you to access the book online.
Online Homework Help
- Khan Academy
: Great website for tutorial videos if you get stuck!
- There is a weekly quiz, every Friday!
- You are allowed one retake per quiz. Must be done before the chapter test!
- I keep the highest grade in the grade book.
- Every unit will have a test that is worth 30% of your grade.
- There are no retakes on tests.
- There will be a cumulative semester final worth 10% of your grade.
- You have the opportunity to raise unit test grades with your semester final.